Professional team of Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers
The Civil Engineering and Construction Department holds a Class 1 license and has a professional team of Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers along with a skilled workforce that has a proven track record specialising in the following key disciplines;
• Coastal Protection, Dredging, Land Reclamation and Rock Armouring
• Marine structures – Jetties, Slipways, Harbours
• Infrastructure Projects
• Industrial – including Reservoirs, Dams, Water and Sewerage Treatment Plants
• Commercial and Residential Buildings
• Design and Build
COASTAL PROTECTION, DREDGING, LAND RECLAMATION AND ROCK ARMOURING
UCPS owns and operates the largest fleet of heavy earthmoving equipment in the Seychelles and has constructed 90% of the island’s coastal rock armouring. With more than 40 years experience and continued investment in specialist equipment, UCPS remains the market leader in this field.
MARINE STRUCTURES - JETTIES, SLIPWAYS, HARBOURS AND MARINAS
With its own specialised fleet of landing craft and auxiliary barges, UCPS can bring specialist equipment to the most remote areas, facilitating the construction of engineered marine structures including seawalls and breakwaters.
With ready access to UCPS products, UCPS has a specialist team dedicated to the construction of;
• Roads, kerbs, pavings
• Storm water drainage, culverts and outfalls
• Gravity and pressure sewer networks (including electro-fusion), manholes
• Water reticulation including ductile iron and HDPE
• Telecom ducting
• Street lighting
• Electrical sub-stations
• Sewerage pumping stations including deep-excavation underground containment tanks
• M&E installations including submersible pumps, stand-by generators
UCPS are experts in the design and construction of Concrete bridges with multiple abutments spanning rivers.
Often with piled foundations, the rapid delivery of high-quality concrete is essential to the success of these structures. With its large and modern fleet of Premix trucks and concrete pumping equipment, UCPS can provide round-the-clock working to control thermal cracking and other technical issues associated with high volume concrete structures.
UCPS has the expertise and versatility to offer a design and build solution for any project.
A dedicated new division of UCPS which has invested heavily in the latest plant and equipment to provide all types of piling solutions such as;
• Steel tube piles
• Precast concrete piles
• Friction piles
• Sheet piles
• Marina piles
INDUSTRIAL - INCLUDING WATER AND SEWERAGE TREATMENT PLANTS
UCPS has many years of civil works experience in the following;
• Reservoirs and dams
• Concrete tank bases, machinery plinths, containment bunds
• Concrete water and sewerage tanks
• Industrial buildings, power stations and chemical plants
COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS
• Office blocks
DESIGN AND BUILD
UCPS can offer a range of design and build solutions from start to finish;
• Initial consultation
• Conceptual design
• Detailed architectural and engineering design
• Environmental impact assessment
• Planning submission
• Project implementation
UCPS has the equipment and experience to quickly and efficiently dismantle complex structures in a controlled and safe manner, including the use of engineered explosives.